A big congratulations to all the not-for-profit scholarship applicants awarded scholarships to date in 2022.
In partnership with our leading education providers, we awarded to date 532 scholarships in 2022 to not-for-profit staff and board members. These scholarships support building capabilities, including leadership and management skills, technical skills and governance knowledge. Enjoy the video below to celebrate our not-for-profit scholarship recipients across Australia in 2022.
The following scholarships have been awarded in 2022:
- Bankwest / Curtin University – WA Leaders Scholarship 2022
- McKinsey & Company – Executive Leadership Program 2022
- McKinsey & Company – Young Leaders Forum 2022
- AGSL / Torrens University – Doctor of Business Leadership
- Harvard Club of Australia – Ferris Family Fellowships 2022
- Kaplan Business School – Master of Business Administration – 2022
- Australian Network on Disability & AICD – Directing Change Scholarship 2022
- Australian Institute of Company Directors – Governance Foundations for Not-for-Profit Directors Scholarships 2022/23
- Disability Leadership Program 2022
- Directing Change Scholarship 2022 awarded 22 full-fee scholarships. (Round 2 the Directing Change Scholarship 2023 was offered in October and closed in November 2022).
- CPA Australia, CPA Program 2022/23
- AICD – Women’s Regional, Rural and Remote Diversity Scholarships 2022-2023
- 2022 Fulbright Scholarship in Non-Profit Leadership applications closed in July 2022 for studies in 2023. All Scholarship applicants are notified of the selection outcomes in December 2022, with the recipient announced in January 2022. An Orientation Program and Gala Presentation Dinner is held in Canberra in February 2023.
Our 2022 scholarship winners
Australian Institute of Company Directors – Governance Foundations for Not-for-Profit Directors Scholarships 2022/23
In 2022 the Australian Institute of Company Directors (AICD), in partnership with the Australian Scholarships Foundation awarded 200 full scholarships to enable directors, executives and emerging directors of NFP organisations with a turnover of less than $2m to attend the AICD’s Governance Foundations for Not-for-Profit Directors program. Read the full winner list here.
AGSL / Torrens University – Doctor of Business Leadership
Helen Jentz is the recipient of the AGSL / Torrens University Australia – Doctor of Business Leadership scholarship in 2022. Helen Jentz is the Chief Executive Officer of Wounds Australia, the peak professional association and health promotion organisation for Australia’s wound prevention, management, and care.
Harvard Club of Australia – Ferris Family Fellowships 2022
Deborah Attard Portughes and Patrick Reid were announced in June as the recipients of the Harvard Club of Australia Ferris Family Fellowship in 2022. Deborah Attard Portughes is the Chief Executive Officer of the Women and Infants Research Foundation (WIRF), and Patrick Reid is the Chief Executive Officer of IRT Group which supports older Australians.
Kaplan Business School – Master of Business Administration – 2022
This year the Australian Scholarships Foundation and Kaplan Business School are delighted to extend their 100% scholarship offer from three to four not-for-profit leaders following a strong cohort of applicants.
The Kaplan Business School MBA 2022 recipients include Michele Laurie who works with Social Futures; Johannes Scheiber from SYC Ltd; Jeane Waters, The Smith Family; and Sarah Jenkins, from the Menzies Foundation.
CPA Australia, CPA Program 2022/23 scholarships
Congratulations to (photo left to right):
- Melissa Daly, Sowilo Community Inc, Western Australia
- Arielle Deamer from Allambi Care, Newcastle, NSW
- Melanie Joubert from Jireh House, Tasmania
- Dawn Perry, Your Best Life Disability and Health Organisation, Caloundra, QLD, and
- Sarah Rogers from Children By Choice Association Inc., Queensland.
Fulbright Professional Scholarship in Non-Profit Leadership 2022
Congratulations to (photo left ) Fulbright Scholar for 2023, Sam Crosby. Sam is the Executive Director of the St Vincent de Paul Society NSW where he oversees welfare distribution to tens of thousands of families and individuals each year, including during times of disaster recovery. Sam is the recipient of the 2023 Fulbright Professional Scholarship in Non-Profit Leadership (Fulbright Scholarship).
Bankwest / Curtin University – WA Leaders Scholarship 2022
21 scholarships awarded
Bankwest and Curtin University offered the WA Leaders Scholarships in 2022 to support those living in Western Australia working for not-for-profit organisations to help build capacity in the Western Australian NFP sector.
21 scholarships were awarded to undertake either the Graduate Certificate in Project Management or the Graduate Certificate in Business at Curtin University in 2022. Read the full article.
McKinsey & Company – Young Leaders Forum 2022
91 scholarships awarded
McKinsey Young Leaders Forum recipients for 2022 were announced in August 2022. Ninety-one recipients have been selected to join the Young Leaders Forum program in October this year. Read the full list here.
McKinsey & Company – Executive Leadership Program 2022
31 scholarships awarded
The 2022 Executive Leadership Program scholarship recipients are CEOs and executives from not-for-profit organisations across Australia. Read the full list here.
Disability Leadership Program 2022
The Australian Institute of Company Directors (AICD), in partnership with the Australian Network on Disability, is encouraging leaders with disability to apply for a new round of governance education scholarships, funded by the Australian Government Department of Social Services. As part of the Disability Leadership Program, 200 full-fee scholarships will be offered in total with 85 scholarships awarded in 2022. All scholarship applicants were notified of the selection outcome in September 2022.
AICD – Women’s Regional, Rural and Remote Diversity Scholarships 2022-2023
The Australian Institute of Company Directors (AICD) with support from the Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet’s Office for Women continued a multi-year scholarship program to support emerging and experienced female directors in regional, rural and remote Australia.
In 2022 the second and final round of the AICD – Women’s Regional, Rural and Remote Diversity Scholarships offered the following courses in 2023:
- 30 full-fee scholarships to undertake the AICD’s Company Directors Course
- 24 full-fee scholarships to undertake the AICD’s Foundations of Directorship program.
These places are to be announced Nov/Dec 2022.
Directing Change Scholarship 2022
The Australian Network on Disability, in partnership with the Australian Institute of Company Directors (AICD), launched the Directing Change Scholarships in 2022. Aimed to increase the representation of people with disability on Australian boards, the scholarship will support emerging and experienced leaders with disability.
Australian Network on Disability and Australian Institute of Company Directors (AICD) awarded 22 full-fee scholarships to undertake either the Foundations of Directorship program or the Company Directors Course at AICD. Plus, 8 months of mentoring with an Australian business leader to help winners maximise their board career opportunities.
Dr George Taleporos,
Ross Chaplin MAICD LREA,
The Australian Scholarships Foundation is proud to work with Australian Network on Disability and AICD as delivery partner to administer these scholarships, to contribute to and strengthen capability building in underrepresented areas of leadership.
Our 2021 winners
There were 398 scholarship recipients in 2021. Read full details of our scholarships offered in 2021 and winners.