New to the 2024 For-Purpose Leadership Awards this year, the Outstanding Leadership in Philanthropy award category is peer-nominated and recognises either a Philanthropy Foundation, Trust or an individual grantmaker who has contributed to capacity building in the for-purpose sector.
The award focuses on capacity building that enables for-purpose organisations and their leaders to develop competencies and skills that can make them more effective and sustainable, thus increasing the potential for charitable for-purpose organisations to enrich lives and solve society’s most intractable problems. This award category will look favourably on holistic support which may include indirect costs. Nominations for this award may come from the CEOs, Board Directors or the Philanthropy sector.
Criteria to be addressed:
• The problem that was addressed and how it was solved.
• The impact outcomes as a direct result of the funding.
• The three things that make this a standout nomination.
• Historical funding where you can demonstrate significant impact will be considered.
• Nominations will be assessed taking into consideration the varying funding resources available.
Nominated applications must address the above criteria including:
- statement (up to 500 words), be verified by the CEO and include
- at least two testimonials from the sector, (no longer than one page each) and,
- may include up to three items of supporting material.
Explore more award categories, including:
- Outstanding Leader*
- Outstanding Emerging Leader*
- Outstanding Leadership in Talent Growth
- Outstanding Education Provider
- Outstanding Leadership in Wellbeing Governance
- Outstanding Scholar
- Outstanding Service to Sector Governance.
*There will be two awards in these categories for leaders currently working with organisations and/or organisations with annual revenue of over $3 million, and under $3 million.