Outstanding Leader Award Category – An individual with a minimum of ten years in a leadership role and who reports to the CEO or board. They have demonstrated outstanding leadership for their organisation and are recognised by their achievements through personal leadership, initiative and innovation.
They will have a reputation for integrity, positive values and be well-regarded by their peers. They have either led system change and/or strengthened the organisational capacity of their organisation.
Please note: Leadership experience does not need to have been gained simply in your current role or organisation however your current CEO or board will need to verify your entry.
Criteria to be addressed:
a) Demonstrated impact on your organisation through personal leadership.
- Encouraging and enabling co-workers to solve problems that directly impact what they do
- Embrace diversity and inclusion
- Proactively asking for and sharing knowledge with others.
b) Has encouraged talent growth, by recognising those with high potential and has helped to promote them and grow their skills in order for them to succeed.
c) Led innovation and system change.
- Implemented system changes necessary to fulfil the organisation’s mission
- Encouraged different parts of the organisation to work together to make improvements
- Developed deep and effective relationships with the community it serves.
Applicants must address the above criteria in their statement (up to a 500-word limit), and have their application verified by their CEO or Board. Applicants can include up to two testimonials on letterhead, no longer than one page each and up to three items of supporting material.
There are two awards in this category for leaders currently working with organisations and/or organisations with annual revenue of over $3 million, and under $3 million.
Thank you to our partners
OUTSTANDING LEADER AWARD CATEGORY Over $3million
Supported by NonProfit Alliance & Orchard Talent Group
2023 Outstanding Leader Award Winners
– Read about our Under $ 3 million category winner Shaun Christie-David, Founder, Plate it Forward, and Over $3 million category winner Tanya O’Shea, Managing Director, IMPACT Community Services.
Award categories for 2024
Explore more award categories, including:
- Outstanding Emerging Leader*
- Outstanding Leadership in Talent Growth
- Outstanding Education Provider
- Outstanding Scholar
- Outstanding Leadership in Wellbeing Governance
*There will be two awards in these categories for leaders currently working with organisations and/or organisations with annual revenue of over $3 million, and under $3 million.