PLEASE NOTE: Due to the overwhelming number of applications received for this scholarship, there will be a delay in notifying applicants of the outcome of their applications. All applicants will be notified in writing by 31 January 2023.
The Australian Institute of Company Directors (AICD) with support from the Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet’s Office for Women is pleased to continue this multi-year scholarship program to support emerging and experienced female directors in regional, rural and remote Australia. These scholarships are being administered by the Australian Scholarships Foundation.
The program will provide opportunities for suitably qualified women from different backgrounds who face additional barriers to education and leadership participation.
The AICD welcomes applicants who reflect the diversity of Australia’s population and encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander women, culturally diverse women, women with disability and those in the not-for-profit sector to apply.
The second and final round of the program is offering the following courses to be undertaken face to face or online in 2023:
- 30 full-fee scholarships to undertake the AICD’s Company Directors Course
- 24 full-fee scholarships to undertake the AICD’s Foundations of Directorship program.
Each face to face scholarship includes subsidised travel and accommodation* to the course location. Also included is a one-year membership to the AICD and a subscription to the AICD’s Directorship Opportunities service.
Further information and FAQs can be found here .
* Travel and accommodation must be paid for by the individual. Total reimbursement will be made after the completion of the course and subject the following capped amounts:
- For Company Directors Course: up to $1,650 including GST
- For Foundations of Directorship: up to $1,210 including GST
Valid tax invoices/tax receipts must be provided. Reimbursement payment are processed twice a month – mid-month and at the end of the month.
Applicants will be provided with a number of course dates in 2023 and will be able to nominate their attendance preference.
Foundations of Directorship program
The Foundations of Directorship program provides foundational knowledge of the duties and responsibilities of boards and directors.
For directors newly appointed to boards, anyone who might be interested in pursuing a career as a director, or for executives and managers who would like a better understanding of board processes, the Foundations of Directorship program gives you the essential information you need to know.
Held over three days, the Foundations of Directorship program includes 50 hours of pre-reading and an optional post-course assessment.
Company Directors Course
The AICD’s Company Directors Course is designed for directors from a diverse range of industries and organisations and is ideal for those looking to understand director roles and responsibilities in-depth, take their boardroom performance to the next level and improve their impact in today’s evolving business landscape.
This course is right for you if you are:
- A new director
- An experienced director
- A senior executive reporting to boards.
The Company Directors Course is held over five days and includes 80 hours of pre-reading and online preparation and an optional post-course assessment. It is recommended to complete the Foundations of Directorship program or have equivalent professional experience before enrolling.
To be eligible for the AICD Women’s Regional, Rural and Remote Diversity Scholarships you must:
- Identify as a woman
- Reside outside a main Australian metropolitan city or urban area. To check if your area is eligible, please click here (if your residential postcode falls into the Regional centres and other regional areas category, then you are eligible for this scholarship)
- Currently have the right to remain in Australia to work and study for a period of at least five years (you may be required to show proof of visa status)
- Have never been, nor are you currently, disqualified from being a director of a corporation or organisation
- Agree to course time and deadline commitments
- Be able to provide own transport and travel costs for face to face attendance until reimbursement (capped amount) on completion of the course
The Australian Scholarships Foundation is pleased to work with the AICD to administer these scholarships, to contribute to and strengthen capability building in underrepresented areas of leadership. As such, the general eligibility requirements of our not-for-profit scholarships do not apply.
Course Dates and Locations
Multiple course dates are available in each State and Territory across Australia, and online, in 2023. Please refer to the application form for full details. You will be asked to nominate your preferred 2 (two) course dates within your application. Whilst we endeavour to match successful applicants with their preferred dates, this will not be possible in every instance.
Due to the fluid nature of the COVID-19 situation and challenges that may remain for intrastate and interstate travel, we encourage applicants to apply for face-to-face courses in their state or territory of residence or at a location closest to their usual place of residence. Online course dates will also be offered as part of this program.
|Monday September 26, 2022||Applications open|
|Friday October 30, 2022 at 11.59pm AEST||Applications close|
|Monday December 19, 2022*||All scholarship applicants are notified of the selection outcomes|
*PLEASE NOTE: Due to the overwhelming number of applications received for this scholarship, there will be a delay in notifying applicants of the outcome of their applications. All applicants will be notified in writing by 31 January 2023.
|Friday January 6, 2023||Formal acceptance of scholarship required from successful applicants|
|March – August 2023||Course dates available|
How To Apply
To apply for a scholarship, please complete the following steps:
- Click ‘APPLY NOW’ above and follow the prompts
- Complete an online Australian Scholarships Foundation scholarship application form and upload a resume. A letter of endorsement from your employer is not required for this scholarship.
If you have any adjustment requests or accessibility requirements to complete this application form, please do not hesitate to contact [email protected] or call 1300 248 675
Applications for the 2022 Australian Institute of Company Directors – Women’s Regional, Rural and Remote Diversity Scholarships close at 11.59pm (AEST) on Sunday 30 October 2022.