New to the 2024 For-Purpose Leadership Awards this year, the Outstanding Service to Sector Governance award category is peer-nominated and recognises the outstanding and ongoing contribution of a Chair, Treasurer or Secretary from a for-purpose board.
Nominations for this award will be made by the CEO or a board member and must be from the nominator’s current board. The nomination will provide details of achievements in governance matters and demonstrate the leadership which has made them stand apart and deserve this unique recognition, this could be through mentorship, innovative processes in governance or other impactful achievements.
Criteria to be addressed:
- Contribution to the sector over time – please list past and current board involvement. Only those who have served on a minimum of three boards will be considered.
- Demonstrated wider community contribution – please provide two examples.
- Demonstrated achievements in governance matters and leadership.
This award has been designed to recognise the outstanding contribution by an individual in either the role of Chair, Treasurer or Secretary in the for-purpose sector.
Nomination applications must address the above criteria including:
- statement (up to 500 words), be verified by the CEO and include
- at least two testimonials from the sector, (no longer than one page each) and,
- may include up to three items of supporting material.
Please note: Governance experience does not need to have been solely gained on not-for-profit boards, but the examples given should provide insight into your contribution to the for-purpose sector.
Explore more award categories, including:
- Outstanding Leader*
- Outstanding Emerging Leader*
- Outstanding Leadership in Talent Growth*
- Outstanding Education Provider
- Outstanding Leadership in Wellbeing Governance*
- Outstanding Scholar
- Outstanding Leadership in Philanthropy
*There will be two awards in these categories for leaders currently working with organisations and/or organisations with annual revenue of over $3 million, and under $3 million.
Thank you to our partner
OUTSTANDING SERVICE TO SECTOR GOVERNANCE AWARD CATEGORY
Supported by Russell Investments