Congrats to the Bankwest / Curtin University – WA Leaders Scholarship winners in 2022
Bankwest and Curtin University awarded 21 scholarships to support those living in Western Australia working for not-for-profit organisations, to help build capacity in the Western Australian NFP sector.
Bankwest and Curtin University offered the WA Leaders Scholarships in 2022 to support those living in Western Australia working for not-for-profit organisations to help build capacity in the Western Australian NFP sector.
21 scholarships were awarded to undertake either the Graduate Certificate in Project Management or the Graduate Certificate in Business at Curtin University in 2022.
The 2022 recipients of the Graduate Certificate in Project Management Scholarships include:
- Heidi Paech, Coordinator Strategic Projects, Rise Network
- Henrietta Podgorska, Senior Manager Communications and Engagement, Umbrella Multicultural Community Care Services Inc
- Jillian Smith, Area Manager, St John Western Australia
- Judith Lawrence, Operations Manager, Holocaust Institute of WA
- Kelly Gorter, Livestock Officer, Stirlings to Coast Farmers Inc.
- Kristy Darnborough, Manager Midland/ Special Projects Compliance and Governance, Relationships Australia WA
- Laney Gould, WA FVPLS Policy and Advocacy, Aboriginal Family Legal Service, Southern Aboriginal Corporation
- Lissa Grant, Projects Coordinator, Royal Flying Doctor Service
- Piper Marsh, Community Services Manager, Muscular Dystrophy WA
- Rose Daniels, Project Manager, Compassion Australia
- Ryan Burge, Strategic Projects and Change Lead, Interchange Incorporated
The Graduate Certificate in Business Scholarship recipients include:
- Andrea Reece, Executive Officer, Ability WA
- Devon Cuimara, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, Aboriginal Males Healing Centre Strong Spirit Strong Families Strong Culture Inc
- Erin Godecke, President, Aphasia WA
- Kevin Winder, Needle and Syringe Program Coordinator, Peer Based Harm Reduction WA
- Marija Andacic, Manager, HR Services, MercyCare Community Services
- Megan O’Sullivan, General Manager- Commercial, Scitech Discovery Centre
- Natalie Raymond, Project coordinator / Psychologist, Women’s Health and Family Services
- Nicki Bardwell, CEO, Fair Game Australia
- Rohan Collard, Executive Manager – Cultural Lead, Palmerston
- Sarah Taylor, Partnership Development Manager, Spinnaker Health Research Foundation
We wish all the winners the very best with their studies and look forward to sharing insights from their journey throughout the year.
Lissa Grant, Projects Coordinator
RFDS Western Operations and Bankwest / Curtin University – WA Leaders Scholarship winner 2022.
“The Graduate Certificate [in Project Management] scholarship is a fabulous opportunity, allowing me to access a valuable qualification, providing recognition of the skills I have built up as well as exposure to contemporary project management methodology. It will underpin the work I do in both governance and project delivery streams as we progress our strategic projects to support the business and ultimately, our patients. I’m looking forward to learning from Curtin University staff and fellow students and enhancing the contribution I make to the not for profit sector”.
Bankwest contributes to the well-being of the WA community with a range of initiatives. Rob Cory, Head of External Communications and Sustainability at Bankwest shares, “Bankwest is incredibly proud to partner with the Australian Scholarships Foundation and Curtin University to support some amazing not for profits who are helping so many in our community facing challenging circumstances”.
Curtin University Faculty of Business and Law Interim Pro Vice-Chancellor Professor Vanessa Chang said “These scholarships will support West Australians working for not-for-profit organisations to gain valuable, real-world skills in project management and business leadership to help drive the growth of the sector,” Professor Chang said.
“Curtin is absolutely delighted to be working with Bankwest and the Australian Scholarships Foundation to support these students to help build the knowledge, skills and expertise of many not-for-profit organisations across the State.”
Helping those who help our communities
Thank you to Bankwest and Curtin University for their continued support of the not-for-profit sector in Western Australia.
Scholarships open now
More than 400 scholarships are planned for 2022, read more on current scholarships open for applications.
Three capabilities to boost the not-for-profit sector’s impact.
This article explores the capabilities identified to boost the not-for-profit sector’s impact.