Kaplan Business School – Graduate Certificate in Business Administration and Master of Business Administration 2023
Kaplan Business School supports the Australian Scholarships Foundation initiative to enhance the management and accountability of charitable not-for-profit organisations by partnering with us to offer five (5) x 100% scholarships for the combined package of Graduate Certificate in Business Administration and the Master of Business Administration (MBA) to not-for-profit staff Australia-wide.
A Master of Business Administration (MBA) is widely regarded as the preferred qualification for professionals wanting to pursue a career in strategic management. An MBA can advance your career, expand your professional network, offer higher earning potential and provide you with the skills you need to lead.
Kaplan Business School’s MBA will provide you with valuable practical skills that will allow you to excel in a dynamic and ever-changing professional environment and to become a successful leader. Benefit from the flexibility and diversity of a general Master of Business Administration or choose one of seven specialisations:
- Health Services Management
- Project Management
- Digital Management
- International Leadership
- Women in Leadership
- Tourism and Hospitality Leadership
- Data-Driven Leadership
Upon the completion of the degree, graduates are able to:
- Apply knowledge related to fundamental business processes to make effective and well-reasoned business decisions in a global context;
- Implement strategic thinking to address business issues and opportunities in dynamic environments;
- Demonstrate the leadership necessary to accomplish business goals and maximise organisational performance;
- Evaluate the ethical and social implications of business decisions from an international perspective.
“I aspire to be the best leader I can be to inform positive change, empowerment, and justice. The Kaplan Business School MBA will elevate my capability to enact my scope of influence.”
– Michele Laurie, Senior Manager-Aboriginal Leadership & Engagement with Social Futures. 2022 Kaplan Business School MBA scholarship winner.
The opportunity is for full-time or part-time study (online or face to face at any campus of Kaplan Business School Australia) commencing in any Trimester in 2023 or 2024. Awardees cannot defer the scholarship beyond commencement in Trimester 3 November 2024 and must complete the degree within five years from the enrolment date. Click here to view other key course dates as they become available.
Successful applicants may study the MBA at any of the 5 campuses of Kaplan Business School, with a full-time or part-time study load, and in either online or face-to-face mode.
There are Five (5) x 100% scholarships available to Australian citizens and permanent residents currently working for an Australian charitable not-for-profit organisation. Each scholarship place is valued at $50,400 and covers the entire tuition fee.
Successful applicants (or their supporting NFP organisation) will be required to cover any additional incidental costs such as books, travel or accommodation if necessary. The applicants supporting NFP organisation will also be required to pay an Employer Contribution.
“By completing my MBA studies, I hope to gain the knowledge and skills to improve organisational structures, address social issues on a higher level and enhance my leadership skills”
– Scholarship recipient, Johannes Scheiber who is Manager Youth Services – The Foundry, a youth skills hub centrally located in the Adelaide CBD that provides the necessary skills to build lasting independence for young people.
This scholarship requires an Employer Contribution from each recipient’s supporting not-for-profit organisation according to their annual operating budget, as follows:
- Less than $250,000 p.a. = no contribution required
- $250,001 – $500,000 p.a. = $4,080 + GST contribution
- $500,001 – $1m p.a. = $6,120 + GST contribution
- More than $1m p.a. = $8,160 + GST contribution
This amount is payable to the Australian Scholarships Foundation following written acceptance from the scholarship recipient and upon receipt of an invoice.
What is the Employer Contribution? The Employer Contribution is paid directly to the Australian Scholarships Foundation and allows us to expand the number of high-quality programs we can provide, assists with service delivery costs and enables us to invest in research and development that strengthens the NFP sector. The Employer Contribution is a way for not-for-profits to facilitate learning and development for their organisation via a small contribution to any scholarships the Australian Scholarships Foundation awards to their employees. Kaplan Business School does not receive any portion of this contribution. Find out more about the Employer Contribution here.
|Thursday 27 April 2023||Applications Open|
|Sunday 28 May 2023||Applications Close|
|Wednesday 5 July 2023||All scholarship applicants are notified of the selection outcomes|
|Mid July 2023||Trimester 2 begins|
Who Should Apply
Senior not-for-profit professionals, managers and emerging leaders Australia-wide.
Scholarship applicants must:
- be an Australian citizen or Australian permanent resident
- fulfil the Australian Scholarships Foundation’s general eligibility requirements available on our FAQs page
- currently work* for an Australian charitable not-for-profit organisation
- fulfil the MBA program entry requirements, as detailed below
MBA entry requirements
- An Australian Bachelor degree (or equivalent)**
*Part-time employees are also eligible to apply. In addition, Board Directors are eligible to apply, however where two or more applicants are considered to be of equal standard, preference may be given to not-for-profit employees (including Executive Board Members).
**If you’re unable to meet this criterion but have substantial professional experience and you are aspiring to a leadership or management position, you may be eligible for a scholarship by first applying for Mature age entry. You can find further information about entry to KBS, including information for mature age students, on their Domestic Entry Requirements page.
If you are shortlisted for this scholarship you will be asked to provide a certified copy of your academic transcripts and certificates. Only shortlisted applicants will be required to complete this step.
The scholarships are awarded jointly by the Australian Scholarships Foundation and Kaplan Business School to applicants whose completion of the program would, in their view, benefit their employing NFP organisation. Selection is conditional on the applicant meeting the eligibility requirements including KBS’s entry requirements for the nominated program and written endorsement from the respective charitable organisation.
To apply for this scholarship, follow these simple steps:
- Click the ’APPLY NOW‘ button and follow the prompts to create a profile
- Complete the online application form
- Supporting documents: Follow the prompts to upload your supporting documents* and complete / submit your online application form.
- You will receive an automated confirmation email once you’ve submitted your application successfully.
*CV, academic transcripts and an endorsement letter written by your supporting NFP organisation (see #12 of our FAQ’s page for guidance on what to include in the endorsement letter).
If you have any adjustment requests or accessibility requirements to complete this application form, please do not hesitate to contact [email protected] or call 1300 248 675.
If you are shortlisted in the first stage, you will be invited to progress to the next stage of the application process which requires you to complete a Kaplan Business School course application form and provide various supporting documents, including certified copies of your academic transcripts, etc. Full instructions will be provided to shortlisted candidates in early June. It is recommended you have copies of these documents ready in the event you are shortlisted.
For more information about the Master of Business Administration, please click here. For program-related queries, please contact Kaplan Business School directly.
Have questions? Check our FAQs page for answers to the most common questions. If you need assistance with the scholarship application process, please contact Australian Scholarships Foundation via [email protected] or call 1300 248 675.