Social Impact Fellowship Scholarships 2024
Social Impact Hub and the Australian Scholarships Foundation are offering five (5) scholarships to join the Social Impact Fellowship. The Fellowship is a three-month transformative program for changemakers seeking to drive greater social and environmental impact through their work and beyond. The successful five candidates will each receive a 40% discount on the program cost.
The Social Impact Fellowship has supported over 150 changemakers from various backgrounds to enhance their impact and create positive change. Through immersive workshops, mentorship, access to high quality masterclasses and hands-on experience working on a project for a for-purpose organisation; fellows have the opportunity to improve their skills, knowledge, and purpose while building connections with a diverse cohort. Fellows will build their knowledge and capability across the following areas:
- 21st-century entrepreneurial skills including lean startup methodology and systems thinking;
- The world of social entrepreneurship;
- Impact investing and its exponential growth;
- Impact measurement best practice;
- Exploring purpose in your career and creating an authentic personal brand;
- Crafting your personal mission and values; and
- Leadership and emotional intelligence.
Alongside the core impact-focused content, Fellows can choose from five impact pathways. These pathways enable fellows to access curated knowledge, experiences, mentorship, and connections that align with their chosen stream, alongside the broader impact and sector knowledge shared with the whole cohort. Learn more about the various pathways here.
The Impact Amplification pathway has been developed for Not-for-Profit professionals looking for new skills and approaches to amplify their existing capability to drive impact and articulate and achieve their purpose. This pathway will provide a network of impact-driven professionals coming together to build new knowledge, share insights, and learn and apply best practice tools relevant to the impact space.
The Social Impact Fellowship is valued at $2945 (plus GST and processing fee ) for the program. Scholarship winners will receive a 40% discount and will be offered the program at the rate of $1767 (plus GST and processing fee).
“Social Impact Hub is a goldmine of knowledge, opportunities and great people! The Fellowship offered not only access to a wide range of resources and experts but also the opportunity to work collaboratively with a wide range of social impact-focussed individuals, whose diversity is very rich and professionally stimulating.” – Andrea Comastri, CEO & Founder, Hotel Etico
The Fellowship is a learning experience that you can curate based on your learning and development goals. We run two sessions a week (2.5 contact hours in total). Sessions are not compulsory, as Fellows can choose which are most appropriate for their learning journey. All sessions will be recorded and Fellows will have access to these during and following the program, alongside other online learning materials, so it is not essential to attend every session live.
Fellows also receive mentoring and have the opportunity to participate in an interactive impact project and gain practical experience working to address a real-world problem from a social enterprise.
For not-for-profit leaders, the program focuses on developing participants’ mindset, knowledge, skillset, toolset and network – providing practical outcomes that can lead to tangible impact. Fellows:
- Learn how to embed and deepen purpose and impact into their career;
- Increase their knowledge of tools and approaches relevant to driving change;
- Grow personally and professionally to increase their capacity to contribute to social and environmental change; and
- Build their sector and industry connections and networks.
Who Should Apply
We accept individuals from a range of professional and personal backgrounds. With regard to Not-for-Profit leaders, the Fellowship is valuable for those interested in:
- Building their capability to grow and scale their impact;
- Expanding their networks, and learning from experts that have worked in the impact space across numerous industries; and
- Joining a community of like-minded individuals.
If you’re focused on upskilling and strongly positioning yourself to create more impact in your current role, the Social Impact Fellowship will equip you with the resources, knowledge, network and clarity to take your next steps and unleash your potential.
To be eligible to undertake the Social Impact Fellowship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be an Australian citizen or permanent resident of Australia
- Have 6+ years professional experience
- Be currently employed by an Australian Not-For-Profit organisation
- A burning desire to unlock your full potential for driving change and deepening your impact
Eligible applicants will be assessed on their suitability for the program as determined by evaluation of applications by the Social Impact Hub. Social Impact Hub welcomes applicants who reflect the diversity of Australia’s population, and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people living in rural areas, culturally diverse people, female founders and leaders, and people living with a disability to apply.
How to apply
Click ‘APPLY NOW’ and follow the prompts to fill out your application.
On the form TICK the Australian Scholarships Foundation in response to the question, “How did you hear about this opportunity?“
The Social Impact Hub team will be in touch following receipt of your application.
Scholarships will be awarded by Social Impact Hub solely based on merit.
For more information about the Social Impact Fellowship, please reach out to Program Manager Agustin Arrieta via [email protected].
Applications for the Social Impact Fellowship Scholarship close Sunday 19 November 11.59pm AEST.
Congratulations to the 2023 Social Impact Fellowship Scholarship recipients:
- Sherrie Beaver, Manager, Grants & Projects with Expression Australia
- Holly Donaldson, Executive Director of The Council of Academic Public Health Institutions Australasia
- Coco Eke, Co-Founder of Strong Brother Strong Sister, Ngarrimili, Bush Music Fund
- Rani Kumar, Deputy CEO of National Association for Prevention of Child Abuse and Neglect,(NAPCAN)
- Min Seto, Executive Officer with Alliance Social Enterprises T/A Australian Social Value Bank.
You can read more about the recipients in this article.