We are Australia’s largest provider of free and subsidised leadership training opportunities in the for-purpose sector, connecting educators, executives, funders and alumni, who partner with us to develop the skills of board directors, executive and emerging leaders. Our surveys have told us that 90% of recipients would not have been able to access training without a scholarship and we know that demand is strong, with four applicants for every opportunity available.
At the Australian Leadership Hub (formerly the Australian Scholarships Foundation), we are building a community of leaders, education providers, funders and supporters who prioritise the development of leaders’ capabilities. By offering quality education and peer-to-peer learning environments, and celebrating best-practice leadership, we can create a stronger, more effective sector that is better equipped to address key societal challenges.
Whether you are a Philanthropic or Corporate Foundation, own a Private Ancillary Fund, are an education provider, or represent an organisation in the private sector, you can assist us in building the leadership capacity of for-purpose leaders.
From as little as $5,000, you can make a significant contribution to supporting our programs. Please see the opportunities below:
Funded scholarships are one method of bridging the gap for those whose background, gender or industry may limit their ability to access study or professional growth.
Scholarships come in various forms, such as general scholarships open to any field of study (including bursaries and living allowances), industry-specific scholarships for careers in particular sectors, and minority scholarships that aim to promote diversity and encourage inclusivity. Not only do these scholarships assist the recipients, they also benefit the organisations that offer them by supporting programs that align with their core values.
Scholarships also go a long way in building a positive brand image and lead to strong partnerships between corporations, philanthropists, not-for-profit organisations and educational institutions.
We can design a single or multiple scholarship program to meet your funding objectives, starting from $12,000. Scholarship programs can also be directed towards supporting candidates in individual states.
How can you be involved?
Your support sends a great message, signalling that you are eager to give back by investing in leadership, career pathways and capability building for those from diverse or for-purpose backgrounds.
Align your support with one or more of the following programs:
- Fulbright Professional Scholarship in Non-Profit Leadership supports the opportunity to study or research in the United States with prestigious Fulbright program. Read more on the success of our Fulbright scholars
- Emerging Leaders Program Scholarships to help cultivate the next generation of for-purpose leaders by providing a learning experience for those aspiring to step into a senior role.
- Leadership Scholarships support leaders with opportunities to study, learn and accelerate their careers in the for-purpose sector with one of our trusted education partners
- The Opportunity Scholarship addresses a lack of employment pathways and career openings for individuals from socio-economically disadvantaged communities.
- The Diversity Scholarships have been created to support applicants from under-represented groups, including cultural minorities, women, people with a disability and individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- Industry Scholarships aim to encourage study and support career pathways aligned to specific skills or industry sectors. Support areas may include STEM, Arts & Culture, Sport, Health, Environment & Social Justice.
Developing capable and confident leaders
Zac Lewis is the CEO of Western Chances. In 2019, Zac was the recipient of the Kaplan Business School – Master of Business Administration Scholarship. Zac shares:
“The pandemic has applied tremendous pressure to the not-for-profit sector and requires innovative leadership and strategic business skills. This scholarship has helped me to develop my own leadership style and given me the confidence and belief in myself to take on the role of CEO of Western Chances, an amazing organisation that empowers young people to overcome barriers and achieve their potential. I would like to extend my sincere gratitude to the Australian Scholarship Foundation and Kaplan Business School for this opportunity.”
We work with a variety of highly regarded education partners to offer affordable short courses and training programs to leaders and emerging leaders in the for-purpose sector.
Funding our education programs is an affordable way to train multiple leaders and maximise your support and investment. You can purchase single or multiple places.
Now in its second year, the For-Purpose Leadership Awards are quickly becoming the most prestigious awards program in the sector. Applying the rigour and integrity of processes from other leading programs, such as the Walkley Awards, our awards identify and reward excellence and best practice leadership.
Categories include Outstanding Leader, Outstanding Emerging Leader, Outstanding Education Provider, Outstanding Scholar, Outstanding Leadership in Wellbeing Governance, Outstanding Leadership in Talent Growth, Outstanding Service to Sector Governance, Outstanding Leadership in Philanthropy.
Award sponsorship starts from $5,000.
Events and networking opportunities
Our events are enjoyable, stimulating occasions that facilitate connections with for-purpose leaders and learning exchanges with sector leaders. Our role is to create opportunities that encourage collaboration and networking among community leaders across Australia.
Event sponsorship starts from $1,000.
Foundations, companies and education providers that establish partnerships with the Australian Leadership Hub contribute to community building, enhance their reputations, foster talent development, and promote workforce diversity.
Your support sends a great message, signalling that you are eager to give back by investing in leadership, career pathways and capability building for those from diverse or for-purpose backgrounds. We manage the whole process for you and can provide you with marketing and promotion benefits.
Depending on the program you are supporting and its value, you can receive a range of benefits:
- Recognition that you are actively supporting leadership and capacity building. Starting a scholarship helps you support the wider community
- Direct access to the for-purpose area you are interested in through our extensive community and database
- Marketing and promotion of your brand to our community. People like to do business with companies that give back
- Our support in achieving diversity and inclusion priorities, such as people living with disability and those from Indigenous backgrounds and regional areas
- Association with our brand and its reputation for integrity, leadership and purpose
- Connections with other high-profile stakeholders, such as education providers, philanthropic funders and corporate supporters
- Networking opportunities with alumni, key stakeholders and funders through our events and awards programs.
You can learn more about our education and funder partners here.
Contact us on 1300 248 675 or [email protected] to explore opportunities.