With our scholarship numbers rising, we are looking for new assessors to join our panel.
We have offered over 4,992 scholarships since 2009 in partnership with our generous education providers and funders for the not-for-profit community. These scholarships have supported building capabilities including leadership and management skills, technical skills and governance knowledge.
Our rigorous, independent selection process for our scholarship programs is equitable and merit-based. Our community value and trust this independent process to select the most suitable recipients for all scholarships.
Each scholarship is allocated a volunteer assessment panel aligned with the eligibility criteria of the scholarship and includes not-for-profit, education and corporate sector leaders.
Do you have the skills to help us?
Our assessors care about the longevity of Australia’s not-for-profit sector. They are often senior leaders and experienced in their field, with the ability to dedicate time to assessments on occasion. Assessors ideally (but not exclusively) have a background in tertiary education, NFP and/or the corporate sector, and an interest or involvement in community development.
The Australian Scholarships Foundation team support assessors with suitable training in support of the role and obtain relevant approvals for Privacy, Confidentiality, Code of Conduct, and Conflict of Interest Policies.
You can read more detail on the Pro Bono Assessor Position Description.
If you would like to join our panel please contact Lauren Dixon at [email protected].
Thank you to our panel
Our panel of highly regarded independent assessors help ensure the integrity of our scholarship program, we thank them for their support in 2022. They include:
- Josephine Buontempo, Managing Director and Non-Executive Director, Kasali Migration Global; Non-Executive Director, Foundation Housing Ltd; Advisory Council Member, Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC)
- Shirley Chowdhary Non-Executive Director, Australian Associated Press; Chair of the Advisory Board, Octadoc
- Lucy Doyle, Head of BNZ Foundation with Bank of New Zealand, and previous Head of NAB Foundation and Strategic Giving, National Australia Bank
- Mike Evans, previous Vice President, Kaplan Higher Education
- Narelle Hooper, Corporate Adviser and Non-Executive Director. Former Editor-in-Chief of AICD’s Company Director Magazine.
- Dr Melinda Muth, Chair of the Australian Scholarships Limited, Facilitator, Faculty Advisor and Fellow, Australian Institute of Company Directors; Specialist advisor, Peakstone Global; Director, Harvard Club Australia Philanthropy; Managing Director, Streamwise Learning
- George Paramananthan, Board Member of the Australian Scholarships Limited, Senior Commercial Lawyer and Executive Director of ParamCo. Advisory Board Member with A Human Agency
- Jonathon Peatfield, Chief Executive Officer of Life Education NSW/ACT and ASF Alumni Ambassador.
- Dr. Theresa Ruig, is the Diversity and Inclusion Lead with Oz Minerals. Previously a member of the leadership team at Vision Australia. also previously Deputy Head of UNE Business School, University of New England
- Ricki Smith, Chief Executive Officer, Access Care Network Australia
- James Toomey, Deputy Secretary – Housing, Disability and District Services, NSW Department of Communities and Justice. Former Chief Executive Officer, Mission Australia
- Tricia Vilkinas, Adjunct Professor of Management, University of South Australia.
If you would like to volunteer for future assessment panels, please contact [email protected]
Read about our scholarship opportunities open now.