We have offered over 4,000 scholarships since 2008 in partnership with education providers and funders for the not-for-profit community. These scholarships have supported building capabilities including, leadership and management skills, technical skills and governance knowledge.
Our rigorous, independent selection process in place for scholarships is equitable and merit-based. Our community value and trust this independent process to select the most suitable recipients for all scholarships.
Each scholarship is allocated a volunteer assessment panel aligned with the eligibility criteria of the scholarship and including not-for-profit, education and corporate sector leaders.
We take great care in conducting a balanced, equitable assessment process that ensures every applicant is fairly considered and the best candidates are chosen based on merit, need, individual/organisational potential and clearly specified eligibility criteria.
The Australian Scholarships Foundation team support assessors with suitable training in support of the role and obtain relevant approvals for Privacy, Confidentiality, Code of Conduct, and Conflict of Interest Policies.
Australian Institute of Company Directors – Governance Foundations for Not-for-Profit Directors Scholarships 2021/2022
In 2021 the Australian Institute of Company Directors (AICD), in partnership with the Australian Scholarships Foundation offered 200 full scholarships to enable directors, executives and emerging directors of NFP organisations with a turnover of less than $2m to attend the AICD’s Governance Foundations for Not-for-Profit Directors program.
Thank you to our volunteer assessment panel supporting the selection process for this scholarship, including:
- Josephine Buontempo, Managing Director and Non-Executive Director, Kasali Migration Global; Non-Executive Director, Foundation Housing Ltd; Advisory Council Member, Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC)
- Melinda Muth, Facilitator, Faculty Advisor and Fellow, Australian Institute of Company Directors; Specialist advisor, Peakstone Global; Director, Harvard Club Australia Philanthropy; Managing Director, Streamwise Learning
- Ricki Smith, Chief Executive Officer, Access Care Network Australia
- James Toomey, Chief Executive Officer, Mission Australia
- Dean Williams, Chair, Affordable Housing Australia
If you would like to volunteer for future assessment panels, please contact our team.
Read about our scholarships opportunities open now.