The Australian Scholarships Foundation is committed to measuring the impact of our work, both to ensure we are making the difference we intend, and to constantly improve our offerings for the sector.
We have awarded 4,992 scholarships since 2009 worth $14 million.
- Greater access to learning and development opportunities for leaders and emerging leaders.
- Clear pathways for leadership and professional development opportunities identified.
- Education sector galvanized to support offering affordable not for-profit courses.
- Best practice leadership rewarded and recognised.
- A commitment to supporting training that offers diversity, inclusion and delivery to community regional organisations.
- Organisations understand the value of learning and development to drive growth strategies and retain employees.
- Sector strengthened through greater leadership capabilities.
- Supports a greater investment by organisations in learning and development.
- Assists organisations in developing a compelling employee value proposition focusing on attraction, engagement and retention of employees.
- Connect and collaborate with the leaders and organisations for positive change.
Our scholarships have been awarded to not-for-profit staff and boards across Australia reaching regional, rural and remote areas.
Our recipients are represented from across the sector including, social services, health, education and research, environment and animal welfare, arts, culture and recreation, and international development. During the time of the pandemic when leaders in the sector bore the challenges of increased demand to support their communities, 47 percent of our scholarships were awarded to those in the social service and health areas.
Our surveys repeatedly confirm the impact of our scholars’ studies. Scholars score highly on their improvement in technical skills, job performance and confidence. Our research shows that 90 per cent of these not-for-profit scholars would not have had the opportunity to study without a scholarship, yet 93 per cent noted improved job performance.
Hear from our scholars
Our alumni are highly capable, experienced leaders and managers, committed to delivering their purpose and vision using resourceful and productive business methods. Click on the photos below to read more on our alumni stories and testimonials of impact.
Breaking the cycle
Demand is growing for a place where not-for-profit leaders can discover the learning and development they need. Read more on the opportunities.
Scholarships open now!
Over 500 scholarships are offered in 2022. Read about scholarships open now.