Great free and discounted tools to help not-for-profit digital marketing efforts
The latest digital report from Infoxchange finds 94% of not-for-profits have a website and 89% use at least one social media platform. Yet there are many more opportunities for nonprofits to improve their digital marketing with many free and low-cost marketing tools available for marketers to help create an effective online presence without the big budgets.
We have brought together a selection of providers who are helping not-for-profits by offering free or discounted services. If you know of other providers who offer helpful services please share with us and we will add them to this list as a resource for others in the sector.
Google for Nonprofits program
The Google for Nonprofits products available in Australia include:
- Google Workspace for Nonprofits
- Google Ad Grants
- YouTube Nonprofit program
- Google Earth Outreach/Google Maps platform
- Google Store discounts on select Google Wi-Fi devices
Canva for Nonprofits
Canva for Nonprofits helps you to create powerful marketing campaigns. Social media posts, presentations, infographics, websites, reports, posters, flyers and signage.
- 420,000+ templates
- 75 million+ images
- 3.5+ million graphic elements
- 3000+ fonts
- Unlimited folders and 100GB storage for all your designs
- Animations and GIFs
Organisations that qualify for Canva’s Nonprofit Program include:
- Registered nonprofits
- Social impact organizations with a mission consistent with a public or community benefit
- Public health organizations, and government entities assisting with public health
Required documentation in Australia:
- Charities registered with the Australian Charities and Nonprofits Commission (ACNC)
- Income tax exempt not-for-profit organisations as defined by the ATO.
Buffer for free and 50% discount
You can use social media scheduling company Buffer for FREE for 3 social media channels, and you can store 10 posts in your queue (per channel). There is no monthly, or yearly limit.
If you need more flexibility Buffer offers a 50% discount to nonprofit organisations. This discount applies to all products and plans.
Mailchimp 15% discount
Mailchimp is an e-marketing tool that offers a FREE plan for up to 2,000 contacts, which is helpful for nonprofits with smaller mailing lists.
Mailchimp also offers 15% discount for nonprofits when you need to use the paid plans.
This article talks about the pros and cons of nonprofits using Mailchimp for this marketing which could be helpful to review before starting an account.
Free photos and images
There is a range of places to source free photos including:
Help these free services and artists by attributing images wherever possible.
If you are aware of other free or discounted digital services for not-for-profit organisations let us know and we will add details to this list.