Governance Foundations for Not-for-Profit Directors 2023 FAQs
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is there an application fee?
No, we do not charge individuals or organisations to apply for a scholarship.
- Why must the applicant be an Australian citizen or permanent resident?
The Australian Scholarships Foundation is recognised as a Deductible Gift Recipient (DGR). The Australian Income Tax Act requires that funds donated to a DGR for scholarships can only be used for scholarships awarded to Australian Citizens or Permanent Residents. The Income Tax Act does not provide for any exceptions to this requirement.
3. The application process is competitive, with between 600 and 800 applications submitted each year. As a guide, it’s recommended to:
- Provide as much, relevant, detail as possible within the available word limit,
- Clearly outline how the course outcomes align with your personal areas for improvement, and ensure to highlight these in your responses,
- Include your experiences and connections to the NFP Sector (such as volunteering) and detail these in your responses.
- Is the application process accessible to people with disabilities?
The Australian Scholarships Foundation is committed to providing an equitable and accessible experience for all scholarship applicants. We utilise Good Grants for our online application platform, which meets W3C WAI’s Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.1, Level AA conformance. If you require any reasonable adjustments please do not hesitate to contact the team at [email protected] or 1300 248 675.
- What reasonable adjustments are available for the application process?
The team at Australian Scholarships Foundation will work with you to understand and meet your specific needs so that you can complete your scholarship application, such as providing the application form in an accessible Word format. Please contact us to discuss any adjustments which you would find beneficial, at [email protected] or 1300 248 675.
6. I didn’t receive a confirmation email when I submitted my scholarship application. What should I do?
Login to our scholarships application portal and access your profile in the top right-hand corner, under your name.
Go to ‘Preferences’ and ensure you have allowed ‘Broadcast emails’. This is how the Australian Scholarships Foundation will contact you in relation to the progress of your application, so it is important you allow us access to contact you.
If you require assistance with this process, please do not hesitate to contact the team at [email protected] or 1300 248 675.
7. I missed the application deadline – can I still apply?
No. Unfortunately, late applications cannot be accepted.
- Can I apply for this program if I have applied for previous AICD scholarship programs?
Yes, you will need to submit a new online application via the ASF website.
- Do I have to be a member of the AICD to apply?
No. The NFP Scholarship Program is open to both members and non-members of the AICD.
- If my application is successful, can I select when and where to undertake the course?
Applicants are able to choose the course date from a range of dates provided in the application form. The Governance Foundations for NFP Directors course, is only available in a face-to-face delivery format, in your capital city.