The Centre for Social Impact – Graduate Certificate in Social Impact Scholarships – 2021
Each year, the Centre for Social Impact (CSI) awards scholarships to students from the Graduate Certificate in Social Impact (at UNSW Sydney, Swinburne and UWA) who demonstrate potential for and commitment to leading, supporting or contributing to better social outcomes in the business, public and/or social purpose sectors.
The Centre for Social Impact apportions the total scholarship awarded equally across each of your courses to complete the Graduate Certificate in Social Impact. The scholarship recipient is required to pay the balance amount for each course based on their chosen university’s course fees.
Please note: If you are unable to fund your study without a scholarship, and you are not awarded one, you are under no obligation to proceed with study and you can withdraw or defer your university offer without financial or academic penalty before the government issued Census date.
Dates: Term 1, 2021
Location: UNSW, UWA, Swinburne University of Technology
The following scholarships are available:
1 x $5,000 Robin Crawford Memorial Scholarship (See more information and apply here)
1 x $10,000 CSI GCSI National Scholarship (See more information and apply here)
1 x $15,000 CSI GCSI National Scholarship (See more information and apply here)
1 x $15,000 Indigenous Social Impact Scholarship (for completion of a GCSI or GDSI by an Indigenous female student) (See more information and apply here)
4 x $5,000 CSI GCSI Scholarships (See more information and apply here)
1 x $10,000 CSI GSCI National Scholarship (See more information and apply here)
Swinburne University of Technology:
3 x $5,000 CSI GSCI National Scholarships + 1 x $10,000 CSI Master of Social Impact National Scholarship (See more information and apply here)
- have the appropriate immigration status to study at UNSW.
- have accepted your offer from your chosen university or at least commenced an application to study the Graduate Certificate in Social Impact. Note, if a new applicant, you must commence your program/course in the available session/semester/trimester in order to be eligible to be awarded a scholarship.
- be continuing your Graduate Certificate in Social Impact (maximum 2 courses successfully completed).
- have previously applied for a CSI scholarship but were unsuccessful.
- be intending to complete the Graduate Certificate within two years.
- be committed to contributing to the student and alumni community.
Find out more about the Scholarship Conditions HERE.
- Scholarships are awarded based on a combination of merit and on the calibre of student applications in a given period. If suitable recipients are not identified scholarship funds may be reserved for future applicants.
- Scholarships are awarded on the basis of merit.
- To be awarded you must have completed or be in the advanced stages of an application to study the Graduate Certificate in Social Impact at Swinburne, UNSW or UWA.
- Scholarships are applied proportionately across the number of Social Impact courses (eg. a quarter for each subject undertaken).
- Once awarded, a scholarship offer cannot be deferred to a later start date.
Please note: The Centre for Social Impact reserves the right to reassign or recover scholarship funds where a student does not complete the program or takes more than one leave of absence from the course. Late applications cannot be accepted. Applicants must apply through the online application system using the link provided. Email copies of applications will not be eligible for consideration.
How to apply
To apply for the Graduate Certificate in Social Impact Scholarships, applicants must:
- Apply to study the Graduate Certificate in Social Impact (if not completed already, an application must first be submitted to your chosen university: UNSW, UWA, Swinburne University of Technology)
- Submit a CSI scholarship application (when you have accepted your offer to study and received your University Student ID or an application number evidencing you have at least commenced the application process to your chosen university to study the Graduate Certificate in Social Impact, read through the scholarship conditions and then complete the online scholarship application).
- Complete the online scholarship application
- Email your online scholarship application, along with your CV (no more than 2 pages), letter of support / recommendation regarding merit from a social impact organisation/employer, and a recent academic transcript to [email protected]
Find out more and apply HERE.
Applications for the 2021 Graduate Certificate in Social Impact Scholarships closed Thursday 28 January 2021 at 11:59pm AEDT.