Kaplan Business School – Frontline Healthcare Leadership Scholarship – 2021
Kaplan Business School is offering a limited number of Frontline Healthcare Leadership Scholarships to selected students who can demonstrate a recent record of employment in the area of Primary Healthcare, Health Services Management or similar engagement.
The COVID-19 pandemic has certainly changed the world as we know it and has put into sharp focus the immense contribution of healthcare workers around the world. To encourage health workers to enhance their skills to address the healthcare leadership required during this unprecedented time, Kaplan Business School is offering a Frontline Healthcare Leadership Scholarship.
A Master of Business Administration (MBA) is widely regarded as the preferred qualification for professionals wanting to pursue a career in strategic management. Kaplan Business School’s MBA will provide you with valuable practical skills that will allow you to excel in a dynamic and ever-changing professional environment and to become a successful leader. Benefit from a Master of Business Administration with a specialisation in Health Services Management.
Applications for the 2021 Kaplan Business School Frontline Healthcare Leadership Scholarship are offered for Trimester 2, 2021 (July intake), Trimester 2X (September intake) and for Trimester 3, 2021 (November intake), and close on the specified trimester application date.
Upon completion of the degree, graduates are able to:
- Apply knowledge related to fundamental business processes to make effective and well-reasoned business decisions in a global context;
- Implement strategic thinking to address business issues and opportunities in dynamic environments;
- Demonstrate the leadership necessary to accomplish business goals and maximise organisational performance;
- Evaluate the ethical and social implications of business decisions from an international perspective.
- The Health Services Management specialisation focuses on healthcare systems, comprehensive healthcare strategies and healthcare management.
The Kaplan Business School MBA duration is 2 years, full time (6 trimesters) or part time equivalent. Please note that applications for the 2021 Kaplan Business School Frontline Healthcare Leadership Scholarship are accepted for Trimester 2, 2021 (July intake), Trimester 2X (September intake) and for Trimester 3, 2021 (November intake).
Successful applicants of this scholarship round have to enrol in either Trimester 2, 2021, Trimester 2X, 2021 or Trimester 3, 2021.
Click here to view other key course dates, including application closing dates, as they become available.
Successful applicants may complete their studies onshore or offshore, either on campus or via online delivery, where available. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, students who are offshore or interstate can commence their studies online. This study option may be subject to change.
Scholarships are available to domestic and international students. Recipients will be awarded a 50% scholarship for the Master of Business Administration – Health Services Management and will be able to choose to study online or at one of Kaplan’s 5 Campuses. For Australian students each scholarship place is valued at $20,400 and for international students each scholarship place is valued at $22,800. The value of the scholarship is different due to the cost of the MBA course for domestic and international students.
Successful applicants will be required to cover the remaining subject/course fees including administration, deferral and assessment re-submission fees, study materials, textbooks and stationery.
Who Should Apply
Students who are enrolling in the Master of Business Administration with a specialisation in Health Services Management or a double specialisation where one of the specialisations is Health Services Management or a packaged course leading to Master of Business Administration where one of the specialisations is Health Services Management or non-award single subject study in Health Services Management subjects as outlined in the Terms and Conditions.
To be eligible for the Primary Healthcare Leadership Scholarship, you must:
- have met Kaplan Business School’s academic requirements for the course offered
- have met Kaplan Business School’s English language proficiency requirements for the course offered or will have met these requirements prior to commencing study with Kaplan Business School
- are at least 18 years of age at the time of course commencement
- are currently working or have previously worked since March 2020 as a frontline healthcare worker in the healthcare industry and can demonstrate evidence of this. Refer to Appendix A for a list of eligible healthcare categories at the bottom of the Terms and Conditions
- have not previously studied, commenced studies or accepted a Letter of Offer to study with Kaplan Business School; All Kaplan Business School alumni who have successfully completed their programs are eligible to apply for the scholarship
- commence their studies in either Trimester 2, 2021, Trimester 2X, 2021 or Trimester 3, 2021
The scholarships are awarded by Kaplan Business School. Upon review, and on the recommendation of a Selection Committee, Kaplan Business School will award scholarships each trimester to a limited number of students who have demonstrated that they meet the selection criteria to the satisfaction of Kaplan Business School. The decision of the Kaplan Business School Committee will be final.
- To apply for a scholarship, please complete the following steps:
- Check Eligibility Criteria and terms and conditions
- Complete scholarship application form
- Attach supporting documentation with your submission
- Sign and date the student declaration
- Submit your scholarship application to [email protected]
Please note: Late applications will not be considered.
Successful applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application by receiving an Offer of Admission which includes the scholarship acknowledgement. If a Student’s application is successful, the Student will be required to accept or reject (via email) the Kaplan Business School’s Offer of Admission. If Kaplan Business School has not received the Student’s acceptance of the offer by the course commencement date, the offer will lapse, and the Student will be deemed to have rejected Kaplan Business School’s offer.
Applications for the 2021 Kaplan Business School Frontline Healthcare Leadership Scholarship are offered each Trimester (for Trimester 2, 2021 (July intake), Trimester 2X, 2021 (September intake), and Trimester 3, 2021 (November intake) and close at the commencement of each Trimester.