Give for Good New Leaders Scholarships – 2020
Give for Good and Melbourne Business School support the ASF initiative to enhance the management and accountability of not-for-profit organisations by partnering with us to offer up to 12x 100% scholarships for emerging not-for-profit leaders Australia-wide to complete the New Leaders Development Program in September 2019.
Scholarships will be offered to individuals employed by an Australian charity or not-for-profit organisation, with preference given to organisations that support education & youth initiatives, disaster relief, and/or rural communities.
Enhance your skills as a new manager with the New Leaders Development Program.
Using a combination of practical tools, personal development and peer discussion, this 5-day program will help you boost your self-awareness, confidence and expertise so you can become a more effective leader. You’ll learn how to better support your team through increased impact in areas such as conflict management, performance-building and goal-setting.
You will gain the insights and tools you need to build your personal, team and organisational effectiveness and learn to delegate effectively, manage conflict, lead with confidence, set realistic goals and coach others.
By the end of the program, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate self-awareness and an understanding of your behavioural impact on others
- Use strategies, pragmatic tools and frameworks to build your confidence and capabilities
- Use your greater personal insights as a new leader to engage and influence others
- Apply newfound knowledge and relationship skills to your leadership role and personal life
Your program journey is designed to ensure you emerge with new skills and behaviours that are aligned to your learning goals. Scholarship recipients will be required to attend all sessions and complete all course requirements.
Program preparation (beginning 6 weeks prior to course dates)
- Comprehensive questionnaires, including self-assessment and 360-degree assessments, involving your nominated colleagues
- Access to workshop materials and networking through our online-learning platform
- Monday – Learning and Self-Insights: 9am-6pm
- Tuesday – Our Impact on Others: 8:30am-6pm
- Wednesday – Leading Others: 8:30am-6pm
- Thursday – Organisational Perspectives: 8:30am-8:30pm (includes Group Dinner)
- Friday – Leadership in Action: 8:30am-3pm
- Meet with your manager to review your pre-workshop conversation and discuss your workshop outcomes, follow up on feedback and apply your personal development plan
- Continued access to materials and facilitators through our online-learning platform.
Who will benefit:
- Managers who are leading teams or transitioning into a leadership role
- Managers who have had little leadership development
Duration: 5 days (in person)
Dates: Monday 16 – Friday 20 September 2019
Location: Melbourne Business School, Carlton Campus – 200 Leicester Street, Carlton VIC
There is 12x 100% scholarships available to emerging not-for-profit leaders Australia-wide. The scholarships are valued at $8,700 each and cover tuition, learning materials and meals during the 5-day workshop.
The successful candidates (or their supporting NFP organisation) will be required to cover travel and/or accommodation (if necessary) to attend the course in Melbourne (unless awarded a Rural Travel Grant – see below).
Please note, this is a non-residential program. As evening activities are part of the program, we recommend that successful scholarship applicants stay at Melbourne Business School’s preferred, nearby, hotel provider, Rydges on Swanston, or arrange accommodation close to their Carlton campus. Rydges offer Melbourne Business School participants special rates and exclusive benefits.
Rural Travel Grants
Applicants living in rural and remote areas will automatically be considered for a Rural Travel Grant to help fund their travel and/or accommodation expenses to attend the program in Melbourne. These will be awarded at the complete discretion of ASF and Give for Good, and are valued at up to $1000 each.
|21 May 2019||Applications open|
|25 June 2019||Applications closed|
|30 July 2019||All scholarship applicants are notified of the selection outcomes|
|16 September 2019||Course start date|
- be an Australian citizen or Australian permanent resident
- fulfill ASF’s general eligibility requirements available on our FAQs page
- have demonstrated leadership potential
- hold an entry or middle management / leadership position within their organisation
Your employing organisation must:
- be an Australian charity or not-for-profit organisation
Those representing social enterprises are not eligible for this scholarship.
Preferred not-for-profit organisations include those that provide a program or service supporting one or more of the following areas –
- education & youth initiatives
- disaster relief
- rural communities
All charitable not-for-profits may apply.
For more information about the program, click here. For program queries, please contact Melbourne Business School directly via phone or email: [email protected]. If you need assistance with the scholarship application process, please contact us via [email protected].
Applications for the Give for Good New Leaders Scholarships closed Tuesday 25 June, 2019 at 5pm AEST.