CPA Australia – CPA Program Scholarships 2021/22
Applications for the 2023 CPA Program Scholarships will open in August-September 2022. Sign up to our newsletter to be the first to know more!
CPA Australia and the Australian Scholarships Foundation offer up to five 100% scholarships annually. This scholarship enables managers and financial officers of registered charitable organisations to enhance their knowledge and skills to further contribute to the management and accountability of charitable not-for-profit organisations.
You can never know what’s around the corner, but with the right preparation, you can be ready for it. The CPA Program allows you to safeguard your career with the backing of a world-renowned designation and a network of industry experts. The CPA Program combines internationally relevant subject content with cutting-edge resources, to ensure you are equipped to succeed – both in your current role and into the future.
The CPA Program education component comprises four compulsory subjects (Ethics and Governance, Strategic Management Accounting, Financial Reporting, Global Strategy and Leadership) and two elective subjects*.
The CPA Program scholarship entitles recipients to an exemption from all CPA Program subject fees. The award covers course enrolment fees starting from the date awarded.
*If you have already completed recognised studies in tax and auditing, you may choose any elective, otherwise you must select Australia Taxation, or the local taxation variant, and Advanced Audit and Assurance.
Successful applicants in this scholarship round will be given the choice of beginning their studies in either Semester 1 or Semester 2 in 2022.
- Semester 1: Starts late January 2022 (date TBC)
- Semester 2: Starts August 2022 (date TBC)
Exact start dates to be announced by CPA Australia in November 2021. Click here to see important CPA Program related dates on their website.
The CPA Program is a flexible distance-learning program that you can complete at your own pace.
As a CPA Program candidate, you have access to an extensive range of resources to help master your studies, connect with CPA Australia and your peers.
Program support is designed to ensure every candidate has the greatest chance of completing the CPA Program. Whether you prefer flexibility or structure, consistency or cramming, CPA Australia have support to suit you.
Once you have been accepted into the CPA Program*, you have six years to complete the course, including six education subjects and the Your Experience requirement, in order to become a CPA.
Depending on your prior study and work experience, you may gain recognition toward Your experience requirement.
*See Eligibility section below for details on how to gain entry into the program.
There are five 100% scholarships available, which will entitle recipients to enrolment into the six CPA Program subjects, valued at approximately $7,740. The scholarship award does not cover completed subject fees prior to receiving the scholarship, Foundation subjects (if required), deferral fees or CPA membership fees.
The scholarships will be awarded each November. They are effective from the date awarded and will be tenable for six years, subject to the satisfactory progress by the recipients towards the completion of the CPA Program.
The scholarship does not require the recipient to render any service to the donors.
|23 September 2021||Applications open|
|20 October 2021 at 11.59pm AEDT||Applications close|
|19 November 2021||All scholarship applicants are notified of the selection outcomes|
|January 2022||Semester 1 begins|
Who should apply
Managers and financial officers of registered charitable organisations Australia-wide.
Scholarship applicants must:
- provide evidence that they are currently employed as managers or financial officers at registered charitable not-for-profit organisations (volunteers, including volunteer board directors, are not eligible for this scholarship)
- have at least 12 months full-time (or part-time equivalent) accounting work experience
- be currently employed at least 17.5 hours per week
- be Associate members of CPA Australia or assessed as eligible* to join CPA Australia at Associate level:
- To enrol in the CPA Program, applicants must hold as a minimum an Australian bachelor’s degree that is accredited by CPA Australia or an overseas bachelor’s degree that CPA Australia has assessed as being comparable to an Australian bachelor’s degree.
- fulfil the Australian Scholarships Foundation’s general eligibility requirements available on our FAQs page
*Scholarship applicants will be assessed for entry into the CPA Program through their scholarship application. Please ensure you have supplied the correct documentation to support your application.
To apply for a scholarship, please complete the following steps:
- Click ‘APPLY NOW’ above and follow the prompts
- Complete an online Australian Scholarships Foundation scholarship application form, upload a resume and an endorsement letter from your NFP organisation (see #12 of our FAQs for guidance)
- Upload additional supporting documentation: If you are not yet a current Associate member of CPA Australia, you will be assessed for entry into the CPA Program through your scholarship application. To enable this, you must also submit the following documents:
- A high-quality, coloured scan or photo* of your original degree award certificate and official itemised transcript, showing subjects passed by year and grades awarded
- A high-quality, coloured scan or photo* of your original professional body documents (if held), including your membership certificate and official exam results
*Please ensure you adhere to CPA Australia’s requirements for this supporting documentation HERE.
The scholarships are awarded jointly by the Australian Scholarships Foundation and CPA Australia to applicants who are Australian citizens or permanent residents employed by a charitable not-for-profit organisation and whose completion of the program would, in the Australian Scholarships Foundation’s view, benefit their employing NFP organisation. Selection is based on the applicant meeting the CPA Program’s entry requirements for the nominated program and written reference from the respective charitable organisation.
Scholarships will be awarded by the selection panel solely based on the applications received. Decisions of the selection panel will be final.
No correspondence or discussion will be entered into concerning any aspect of the award. The panel is not obliged to award any scholarships.
Award recipients will be announced in CPA Australia’s INTHEBLACK magazine or website. If you do not want your name published, please advise the Scholarship Coordinator, CPA Australia on 1300 73 73 73.
For more information about the CPA Program, please visit CPA Australia’s website or attend an upcoming information session. For any queries regarding the CPA Program or eligibility requirements, contact CPA Australia via [email protected].
Have questions? Check our FAQs page for answers to the most common questions. If you need assistance with the scholarship application process, please contact Australian Scholarships Foundation via [email protected].
Applications for the 2022 CPA Australia – CPA Program scholarships close Wednesday 20 October 2021 at 11.59pm AEDT