The 2023 ASF Leadership Program in partnership with AGSM
Last places available – please email Catherine Barrett at [email protected]
The Australian Graduate School of Management (AGSM) at the UNSW Business School and the Australian Scholarships Foundation, are partnering to help cultivate the next generation of not-for-profit leaders by providing a learning experience for those aspiring to step into a senior role. This course has been tailored specifically to meet the unique needs of the not-for-profit sector.
The ASF Leadership Program will offer not-for-profit leaders a micro-credential program that will equip those wanting to move into leadership and management roles with practical leadership capabilities and pathways to future study. It is conveniently delivered online through a blend of live, interactive sessions and self-paced learning. Taught online over three weeks, its interactive workshops and self-paced learning modules provide NFP leaders with a convenient way to build critical leadership skills that they can quickly apply in a work context.
The program is aimed at emerging leaders of not-for-profit organisations.
How to register for the ASF Leadership Program
There are twenty-one (21) subsidised places available at a discounted fee rate of $2000 +GST. To be eligible to enrol in the course applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a not-for-profit leader with a minimum of 5 years of experience and working towards, or recently assumed, a higher position of organisational responsibility.
- Be an Australian citizen or Permanent Resident and will need to satisfy ASF’s general eligibility criteria.
You will be sent an enrollment form and invoice. You are not required to complete the online form. Places will be distributed on a first-in basis.
What is a micro-credential?
A micro-credential enables professionals to expand their knowledge, develop specific skills and advance their careers with a targeted and flexible study option. It’s a building block of graduate-level learning that improves your professional expertise without the need to commit to a full degree. Upon completion, your micro-credential is recorded and can provide you with credit toward a future degree if desired.
The ASF Leadership Program will aim to develop the recipient’s capability to:
- Exercise leadership with self-awareness and confidence
- Better understand the different roles of leadership and management
- Lead with more authenticity and build trusted relationships.
- Create a platform for effective leadership within their team and the broader business environment.
- Welcome and introduction
- Set expectations for the learning activities and completion of the leadership development action plan
- Management versus leadership
- Setting direction
- Delegating effectively
- Developing the team
- Walking the talk – developing your identity as a leader
- Building trust in others (authenticity)
- Developing and communicating a vision
- Make the transition from individual contributor to people leader with confidence
- Better understand and leverage the different roles of leadership and management
- Increase your self-awareness to lead with more authenticity and build trusted relationships
- Create a platform for effective leadership within and beyond the team
- Understand and apply the key modes of communication used by effective leaders and the skills that underpin them
- Align vision, strategy and culture to inspire individuals and teams
- Make better use of goal setting to foster a high performing culture
What commitment is required and what accreditation will you receive?
The program will commence in late October 2023 and consist of approximately 14 hours of eLearning over three weeks.
- Monday 23rd October 10am
- Friday 27th October 10am
- Tuesday 31st October 2pm
- Friday 3rd November 11am
There will be readings and modules to complete via AGSM Navigator — a unique online platform designed to emphasise interactive, experienced-based learning. Your course facilitator will assess all submitted work.
Program participants who complete their learning will be issued a digital badge and earn two (2) points towards a Certificate in Executive Management & Development (CEMD), with credit and pathways into award qualifications.
AGSM has been upskilling Australia’s leaders since 1981 when the first cohort of the AGSM General Manager Program commenced.
In 2023 there are twenty-one (21) subsidised places available at a discounted fee rate of $2000+GST.
|Monday, 19 June 2023||Registrations open|
|Sunday, 18 August 2023||Registrations close|
|September/October 2023||Participants enrolled by AGSM|
|Monday 23 October – Friday 3 November 2023||ASF Leadership Program – Online|
All candidates must be working for an organisation that fits one or more of the following criteria:
- has a charitable, community-public benefit or poverty relief purpose, as indicated by whether the NFP has Australian Tax Office TCC and/or DGR status, or “registered charity” status.
- is a social enterprise or business (organisations using a business model to provide a social benefit) which may not have TCC/DGR.
- other organisations with a community or public benefit purpose (generally evidenced by a “formal” governance structure, voluntary participation by members and independence from government) that do not fit the above categories.
If you need assistance please contact Australian Scholarships Foundation: via [email protected].