Short Course September 2023
XEd Space’s Better Conversations Every Day™ (BCE™) is a simple, evidence-based, and practical short course to build coaching skills. Participants learn core behaviours and practice the types of candid conversations that build stronger relationships through trust, fuel collaboration, and enable better business outcomes.
No matter the size of your organisation, BCE™ helps drive business outcomes and create lasting change. Uniquely created for everyone and every single conversation — from the front desk to the corner office.
This program helps creates a common mindset, skillset, and leadership language at your organisation and build a coaching culture of feedback. It equips people with the expertise, tools, and motivation to break down silos and bring business strategy to life.
- Ideal for employees at all levels.
- ASF participants will be part of a wider mixed cohort, including both corporate and NFP employees.
Better Conversations Every Day™ applies a simple and practical approach to teaching a set of complex skills. XEd Space’s focus on 4 core behaviours applied to real workplace challenges to build trust, fuel collaboration, enable better business outcomes, and create immediate results.
These 4 core behaviours are:
- Listen to understand – Listening is critical to building trust and respect. BCE™ equips you with a powerful approach to listening that involves paying full attention, avoiding premature judgment, reflecting empathy, clarifying, summarising and sharing.
- Ask powerful questions – Great conversations begin with great questions, and BCE teaches you to enhance the quality of questions. The idea is not for you to solve the other person’s problem — but to provoke self-reflection and discovery.
- Challenge and Support – A simple, yet effective, method to establishing a clear picture of what is possible. The key is challenging current constraints and giving feedback.
- Establish next steps and accountability – The BCE experience improves outcomes by moving people to action and accountability. This happens through collaboration to define specific goals and focusing on the most important leverage points.
There are 10 subsidised places available at the 50% discounted rate of $665 +GST.
- Program duration: 2 x 1/2 half days (online). Live instructor-led.
- Registrations close: Monday 11 September, 2023
- Friday 22 September – kick off (1 hour) – 12.30pm (AEST) Introduction of the facilitators and overview of the program
- Workshop 1: Monday 25 September 9am to 1pm (AEST)
- Workshop 2: Wednesday 27 September 9am to 1pm (AEST)
Benefits to participants
BCE™ enables participants to meet a variety of challenges, inside and outside the workplace:
- Leading and sustaining culture change.
- Confidently managing high-stakes negotiations.
- Establishing or improving relationships.
- Embracing diversity.
- Developing and retaining talent to support the future needs of the organisation.
- Bolstering resilience and reducing burnout.
To be eligible to enrol in the program applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be employed by an Australian Not-For-Profit organisation.
- Be an Australian citizen or Permanent Resident and will need to satisfy ASF’s general eligibility criteria.
All participants must be working for an organisation that fits one or more of the following criteria:
- has a charitable, community-public benefit or poverty relief purpose, as indicated by whether the NFP has Australian Tax Office TCC and/or DGR status, or “registered charity” status.
- is a social enterprise or business (organisations using a business model to provide a social benefit) which may not have TCC/DGR.
- other organisations with a community or public benefit purpose (generally evidenced by a “formal” governance structure, voluntary participation by members and independence from government) that do not fit the above categories.
If you need assistance, please get in touch with the Australian Scholarships Foundation team: via [email protected].